verse of the day

Friday 27 September 2024

The Fatherhood of God ( Isaiah 64 v7/ 1John 3 v1 )

 One of the most precious prayers we have is the one we call the' Lords prayer',it was our lovely Saviour who taught us this prayer,each Sunday in our church we pray it. There is so much in that short prayer to instruct us as regards prayer itself. It starts,'Our Father who art in heaven', One of the most precious truths we have,is the 'Fatherhood of God'.When I was a child my mother and father seperated on bad terms, it meant I never really had a father,that's a big loss to a young child. I remember lying in bed and praying, about it, and I said to God,your my Father, that was a great comfort to me,and has stayed with me all my life,not only is He my Father He is my loving heavenly Father. Just recently a certain minister said calling God  Father was inappropriate,because some children have been abused by their fathers. It's very very sad when children are abused by their fathers,someone I love was abused ,so to some degree I understand the awfulness of that. Our Saviour taught us to recognise God as Father,He  used that term many times,so we have no right to rob us of the wonderful truth the,'Fatherhood of God'.Do we change everywhere in the Bible where  God is called Father,I think not,we must be true to the word of God,in all things.

                                                      'Our Father who art in heaven hallowed

                                                                        be Thy name'

                                                                       Matthew 6 v 9

No comments: