verse of the day

Friday 5 July 2024

We don't need God.( Revelation 3 v14 - 22 )

 A  friend of mine said that in the 1970's people began to have more money to spend,they began to go on foreign holidays,and generally they were better off.One of the effects of this was felt when he and his collegues went door to door evangelisim he was told,'we don't need God anymore we have got everything ,more than we need'.There was time when people needed the church,especially children,things were different then, people could not afford much,for children  it was somewhere to go.Once a year the church would hire a bus and parents and children  would go away for the day to a holiday resort.When people die  many are not having a minister take a service,also some have the body taken away to the crematorian,and the ashes are brought back to the loved one's, simple as that.It is all very sad,and I believe  it won't get any better.In Proverbs 30 v 7-9  we have a very wise prayer.it reads.

                            ' Two things I ask of you Lord ;donot refuse me before I die;

                               keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty

                               nor riches,but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise ,I  may

                               have to much and disown you and say,''Who is the Lord?'' 

                               Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonour the name

                                of my God'.        

                                                                                         

No comments: