verse of the day

Sunday 7 July 2024

Only one way.( John 3 v 3ff)

One should never underestimate the fact that children can come to know Christ as their Saviour, R.T.Kendall,tells in a book that he wrote of how he became a Christian, he writes the following, ' I  was converted  at the age of six,on Easter Morning April 5,1942. As we were getting ready to go to church, I told my parents I  wanted to be a Christian,I knelt at my parents bedside,confessed my sins,and asked the Lord to save me'.Yes six years of age but it was real,and when he grew up he became a preacher,and was the minister of Westminster Chapel in London, when Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones left. In 1 Samuel 3 v 7,we read  that the boy Samuel ,'did not yet know the Lord', even though he served in the  Tabernacle ,one does not automatically become a  Christian, that only comes when we put our trust in Jesus ,Samuel  eventually did come to know the Lord .  Attending a church or having Christian parents does not make one a Christian,we must be born again John 3 v 7.

                                                   'Becoming a Christian only comes

                                                    through a second birth.'

No comments: