verse of the day

Wednesday 9 January 2019

I wonder why?. ( Luke 22 v 39 - 46 )

I know a Christian couple ,the man prays a lot,always  has,to him it seemed the most important thing to .He said to me,' prayer is not a competition' ,its not about who prays the most ,in fact our Saviour stressed that it is private thing.But of course there is collective pray, when one meets with others,again in those occasions it is not to impress man or God.We may impress man but we can never impress God,nor should we try.That man who prayed a lot asked his wife ,did she pray for him?the way she answered it appeared she didn't .The fact is, people who pray ,even a  lot,need our prayers also,the great apostle Paul  surely a man who prayed a lot,had this simple request ,''Pray also for me''. remember we are in this as Christians  together. It was sad that that mans wife does not appear to pray for him, I wonder why?

No comments: