verse of the day

Wednesday 16 January 2019

God is . ( Psalm 46 v 1 )

Psalm 46 v 1, declares that God is not only our refuge, but He is our strength, one of the important lessons we need to learn in life in our walk with Christ,that  we are not strong,we are at best weak and fragile beings ,we are but dust ( Psalm 103 v 14 )When many of Gods children received their call to service, they proclaimed their weakness, Moses said,'Who am I  that I should go' ,'I am slow of speech',( Exodus 3 v 11/  4 v 10 ).Gideon said , 'I am the least in my family ( Judges 6 v 15), Jeremiah said,' I am only a boy,( Jeremiah 1 v 7 ) They were not exaggerating ,they were but earthen vessels, the Christian life  brings challenges that are to say the least difficult,but whatever the challenges are,, it is then we need to remember God is our strength. Like Paul we may have prayed and prayed, and prayed, to God telling Him we cant cope,it is to much to ask of any man,let me remind you and myself what He said to Paul,and what He is saying to us,'My grace is sufficient for you,for my power is made perfect in weakness. (  2 Corinthians 12 v 9 )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ' I can do all things through  Christ                                                                                                             who strengthens me.'                                                                                                                                     ( Philippians 4 v 13 )

No comments: