verse of the day

Friday 25 January 2019

Father. ( John 3 v 1 - 7 )

When I was very young my mother left my father,in those days it was a challenging thing to do in many ways ,for there was very little financial support, given to single mothers.I had two older brothers and one older sister,I do not have any bad memories as regards my father,but none of us ever bothered with him.So I may as well not have had a father,it must have had an affect on me,but I remember as a young child,praying to God, and saying ,'your my Father'. I do not know if I had trusted Jesus as my Saviour.   I was not into theology then, it was a little child reaching out to God the father. Again early in life as a little boy I did trust Jesus,and then my relationship with God was put on a firm biblical bases. What is a firm biblical bases as regards knowing God as ones Father?.Well we turn to the gospel of  John 1 v  12 -13, 'To those who receive Him ( Jesus ) to those who believed in His name,He gave the right  to become children of God''.In other words if one has never received Christ as ones Saviour, then we have no right to call God our Father.As v 13 tells us that they,who are children of God, ''They are reborn , not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.''

No comments: