verse of the day

Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Pride ( Micah 6 v 8)

I was watching an old movie on Henry 8th ,and they have Henry saying,'I'm the King of England,when I pray God answers'.What a proud statement that is,so very opposed to what the word of God teaches.James 4 v6 reads,'God opposes the proud,but shows favour to the humble.This verse tells us a very important thing about a proud person ,God opposes such a person,he detests such a person,Goliath was such a person and we know what happened to him (2 Samuel 16).Nebuchadnezzar was full of pride and made a boast,as he look out over Babylon,he said,'Is this not great Babylon I have built as the royal residence,by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?' What followed God judged him by driving him out to the  fields ,to live with the wild animals and to eat grass' (Daniel 4 v28 ff.) Herod sat on his throne and delivered a public address to the people.The people shouted out,'This is the voice of a god, not of a man,and immediately an angel of the Lord struck him down,and he was eaten by worms and died' Because he did not give glory to God(Acts 12 v19 -24) We see in all this the sin of pride and it's consquences

No comments: