We are bombarded with all sorts of opinions daily especially on You Tube, I have a son who holds opinions on so many things,I try to avoid getting into a conversation with him on certain things.Just recently someone voiced an opinion that in ten years AI will destroy the whole human race.Many are voiceing opinions on AI ,and then on a lighter level if you follow football everyone has an opinion.We have people say,'If you want my opinion',of course you may not,but they will still give it.So many opinions can be very unsettling,as Christians remember this vital truth, God is sovereign, He rules over all things,yes there will be wars and rumours of wars,there will be distasters,catastrophes, and mulitudes of other things.In peoples own personal lives,marriage breakdowns,deaths,I will stop there I don't want to depress you,and yet we cannot escape the fact that is the way life is.Frederick Langbridge wrote a poem with the following words in it,'Two men looked out through prison bars,one saw the mud the other saw the stars'.Which one are you?or which one am I?Where are you at this time ,what's going on in your life ?is it frightening? difficult,dangerous,overwhelming?,change your vocus,don't look at the mud,or even the stars. look to your God ,as the Psalmist reminds us,'God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.' (Ps 46 v1 ) and v10 tells us ,'Be still,and know that I am God;'
'Replace your feelings ,with
faith in the living God'
No comments:
Post a Comment