verse of the day

Thursday, 8 October 2026

Are you listening? (Hebrews 12 v 25)

 I'm sure you have said,or you have heard how people in frustration say,'Your not listening',let us lift it to a higher level,God knows all about people not listening,his people,time after time he spoke to them and they did not listen.God continually spoke to His people,and unfortionately they refused to  listen,he pleaded with them,beseeching them to listen ,but they would not listen. Here is an example,from the prophet Zechariah he had returned from exile in Babylon,and ministered to the people in Jerusalem. In 7 v8ff it starts with him receiving a word from God  to his people,God exhorted his people to 'Administer true justice,show mercy and compassion to one another.Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless,the foreigner or the poor.Do not plot evil against one another'.Very reasonable but here is God's reply,'But they refused to pay attention,stubbornly they turned their backs and covered their ears'.These words were spoken to Israel before the exile,time after time still they would not listen.So God says,'When they called, I would not listen.'Not only would he would not listen,he poured out judgement upon them,very servere judgement.Just recently I have witnessed to a number of people,one in particular,a man who has turned away from God.I did not say much to him,other than he had a choice,like him we all have a choice,if we turn away God ,won't listen to him,there is consquences,so if today you hear his voice ,harden not your heart.

No comments: