verse of the day

Sunday, 4 October 2026

Get understanding (Psalm 119 v 14-16)

Psalm 119 v 34  reads ,'Give me understanding,so that I may keep your  law,and obey it with all my heart'. Not just the ten commandments,what about the sermon on the mount, there is so much we need to learn and understand.We read how God give to Solomon a wise and understanding heart; (1 Kings 3 v12),so as to rule his people.There are so who attend church have very little understanding of the word of God.When I started Bible college I had very little understanding of the word of God,but I hungered for an under- standing of it.We can learn much from our ministers,but it is also important that we personally get an understanding of God's word. Ps 119 v 16 reads ,'I will not neglect your word',don't let dust gather on your Bible,I'm afraid many do.So the Psalmist desire is for God to give him understanding of  His word,but he goes on to say, 'and obey it with all my heart'. If obedence is just words it is not obedience,if obedience is not sincere it is not obedience,if obedience is not total it is not obedience.

No comments: