verse of the day

Monday, 21 September 2026

No never alone (Isaiah 43 v 1-3 )

 I was listening to the song,'Bridge over troubled waters',and I lifted my voice to God,and said,'You have been my bridge over troubled waters.Life has it's time of troubled waters,and we have to cope,but as a Christian we do not cope alone.God is with us in the good times and in bad times ,the times when everything is well and when times are difficult.There are none so faithful as He is,remember what he says, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you' ( Hebrews 13 v 5) the NIV puts it this way,'Never will  I leave you; never will I forsake you'. I like the double emphasis it gives to it an intensity  stressing the importance of what He is saying.  When everything is collapsing around us, be still and know that he is God and though all forsake us he will not,The apostle Paul was facing difficulties,and that everyone had forsaken him,but he declared the Lord stood by him and gave him strength' (2 Timothy 4 v 16-17)

No comments: