I served in two churches,one as a full time minister and the other as a joint leader,in both Chuches you had people who were very unkind.I said in a lightherted way to the pastor of the church I attend,that I was glad that I was not in a pastoral role now,for it seems that you always seem to have people who stir things up,usually for the minister. It is not nice but it happens,I heard R T.Kendall who became the minister of Westminster Chapel London,and the problems he had with certain people in that church.It is sometimes hard to know what can one do with such people.In the end we have usually to leave them with God ,but they can cause a lot problems in the church. God is not pleased with those who seek to cause disunity in the church.One person wrote the following,'Disunity in the church is a harmful division among believers, that damages relationships,weakens spiritual strength,and hurts Christian witness'
Jesus said ,
A new commandment I give you, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
John 13 v34-35
No comments:
Post a Comment