verse of the day
Monday, 17 August 2026
Sin ( Proverbs 14 v9 )
I would like to share somthing from a book I have of Puritan Devotionals,the one I choosed was written by a man called Thomas Case,a very godly man,the subject is sin.'Sin is always sinful, but in our prosperity we are not aware of it. The dust of the world fills our eyes that we cannot see it clearly.God frequently uses affiction to teach his children the great evil that is in sin.It shows sin as an evil in itself. It not only brings evil, but is evil. It not only works bitterness,it is bitterness. It has a bitter root as well as bitter fruit. God leads the sinner by affliction to take notice not only of what sin does,but what it is. It is a pure, unmixed evil.It has the devil for its author,and death for its end. Not only is it evil in itself, it is evil against God' I will just add the following, we must never take sin lightly,God does'nt ,look to Calvary to that old rugged cost,visualise what you see a blooded battered person hanging on that cross ,Jesus.On that cross Jesus died that we could be forgiven,that we would not suffer the wrath of God,if only we trust him to be our Saviour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment