Psalm 30, a Psalm by King David,like many of Davids Psalms,it is full of up's and downs,ill health and good health,weeping and rejoicing.In the midst of it all David,inspite of his failures God has mercy upon him.He declares what God has done for him.In v 2 he write,'Lord my God,I called to you for help',When God is our God,we can call upon Him for help',we have that great assurance when we know Him personally. Psalm 23 v1 ,David prays with confidence,'The Lord is my shepherd,I shall not want',in v4 he declares ,Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil,for you are with me' But he takes his eyes of the Lord,Ps30v6 reads 'In my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved',One writer puts it this way,'When things were going great I crowed,''I've got it made.I'm God's favorite'. Self confidence will get us into trouble,be on your gaurd in times of prosperity.He writes of God hiding His face from him v 7,in other words he lost the sense of God's presence.v8ff has David crying and pleading to God for mercy,he feels that death is near,but God had mercy and answered him. In v11-12 the mourning garment is cast off and he sings the praises of God out of a thankful heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment