Our Saviour said 'You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth.(Acts 1 v 8)and on the bases of that the Christian Church became had a mission.From that moment on vast amount of people have taken the gospel to the unsaved.We honour them for many of them paid with their lives ,like Jim Elliot and four others.Here is a the names of some who sought to obey the call of God ,and were faithful to the gospel,'G .Paton ,David Livingstone,Hudson Taylor,William Carey C'T'Studd,Mary Slessar,Gladys Alward,Eric Liddell.They are gone and their works do follow them, we honour their memory.So that leaves us,in the Olympic's of old the torchbearers pass the torch on,so Christians are also called to pass the torch on from generation to generation.The challenge is this, are we willing to take up that torch?
I,the Lord of sea and sky, I have heard my people cry,
All who dwell in dark and sin,my hand will save.
1,who made the stars at night, I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them? whom shall I stand?
Here I am,Lord,is it I lord?
I have heard your calling in the night,
I will go Lord,if you lead me,
I will hold your people in my heart.
Words Dan Schutte
No comments:
Post a Comment