verse of the day

Friday 17 January 2014

Gods word.[ Psalm 119v11]

In Psalm 119v11, we read,/Thy word have I hid in mine heart,that I might not sin against Thee/. Consider first of all ,we are talking about Gods word,not mans,we must continually remind ourselves the importance of Gods word in our lives.I, like many Christians read the bible everyday,if I don't I am starving my soul.Next the writer speaks of hiding Gods word in his heart ,if you where to ask me my mobile number,I could not tell you,likewise my car reg number,the reason being I have not consciously made the effort to memorise them. So it is we can read Gods,without really thinking about it,or memorising it,but the writer of this Psalm stresses the importance of hiding Gods word in his heart,  the ancient Israelites where told to remember all the commandments of the Lord[Numbers 15v39] The writer then tells us that he puts to good use ,that word, which he has hid in his heart,the answer that he may not sin against God.Our Saviour used the word God when tempted by Satan [Matthew 4].The ungodly will do all sorts of wrong things,in relation to sex,in relation to money,because Gods word has no influence on them,but the child of God must not run with the crowd,or the flavour of the month,the Christian is called to live according to Gods word.
A  prayer...../ Dear God ,help us to really listen to Your word,to hide it in our hearts,and to be guided at all times by it, in Jesus Name Amen/

No comments: