verse of the day

Sunday 26 January 2014

Gods purpose and power. [ Isaiah 55v 8-11]

I must confess there are situations and difficulties and I wonder if they will ever change,I pray and pray and nothing appears to be happening,and then God nudges me,and reminds me of His purposes and His power.First of all His purposes are being worked out in different ways,I read of a person who loved reading mystery stories,she said she would always read the end  first.The fact is when it comes to lifes situations and events ,be it on a world stage or in an individual life,we don't know the end of a matter,we cannot skip to the end.Often  God does reassure us by giving us a promise ,to simple trust Him.That is part of our development as a Christian ,God is in the business of changing us from trusting self to trusting in Him. Next He also reminds us of His power,this morning I read this verse,/The Lords hand is not shortened that it cannot save[Isaiah 59v1].I unfortunately need reminders of Gods power,that with  God all things are possible,there is no one God cannot save,there is no need God cannot supply,there is no problem He cannot solve.
A prayer.../Dear God as we travel to glory help us to trust You ,as to your mysterious purposes,and also to believe in Your power in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: