verse of the day

Thursday 30 September 2010

He knows His own. [John 10 v 1- 18]

In one of James Herriots books, he tells of attending to a shepherds sheep [He was a vet],and speaking to the shepherd he says ,as he looked for one particular sheep ,how they all looked the same to him.Well it was no problem to the shepherd,who knew all his sheep, he immediately points out the sheep to James.In John chapter 10, Jesus declares v14,/ I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine/.As I look at people and speak to them I am not always sure if they know the Lord,they attend church ,sing the hymns,but I am still not sure, but Jesus knows. He knows who is His, He knows who trully has trusted Him to be their Saviour,He knows whom He died for,He knows His own.There is coming a day in which we will know ,who belongs to our Saviour, [Matthew 25v31 ff] let us ask ourselves the very important question,not in relation to others,but in relation to ourselves, am I trully one of Jesus sheep?. [ Dear Lord I thank You that You know Your own, help me to be absolutley clear that I am one of Your own Amen ]

No comments: