I was going through a drawer and I found a promise box,I must have it about 50 years, some people are critical of them.There was a time when finances were low or non exsistented ,and we were looking for guidance as to what we should do.I would go to that little box and pull out a promise praying that God would speak into our situation.I can't remember any particular promise I got. But I had a daily devotional which I still read called ,'Daily Light', it is just full of scripture,and I found it very helpful,God often did speak to me from it. I looked through the promise box,and read one,and it took me back years ago when I heard a missionary who had just come home from Nigeria.He told that during the civil war he was very concerned for his safety,he had a headace and he felt that he should take some tablets,but then God spoke ,it was that promise I got from my promise box,it read,' The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him and delivereth them' (Psalm 34 v7) He felt a peace, he didn't take the tablets ,he lay down and slept'
No comments:
Post a Comment