verse of the day

Wednesday 8 June 2016

Its still happening.[Hebrews 11 v35b-40]

Recently I was talking to a friend about Christians being persecuted,and then he mentioned the fact that people are suffering in this country.Now I know we can get into conflict,as some do,for wearing a cross,or praying with someone. I felt that this brother had things out of balance,to my knowledge there is no serious persecution going on in this country.I do not think we should court persecution,at times Christians have suffered persecution,in this country.When John and Charles Wesley went to streets  to proclaim the Gospel they were attacked by mobs,the Salvation Army suffered in a similar way.Who knows what may happen if we were more forthright in preaching the Gospel.Yet sad to say many Christians are suffering persecution,I pray for such everyday,just recently I read of a Christian couple in India who  were beaten, and then burnt to death.Now that's persecution,while I do not want to underestimate any Christians suffering,I have to acknowledge that being beaten, and burnt  to death,is beyond doubt, severe.One would think after all these years ,such things should not happen,but it does.,Gods people will always suffer, Jesus told us so, [John 16 v33],but he added ,''take heart I have over come the world.as W  Barclay comments,'The world did their worst to Jesus,and He emerged victorious,so it is ,whatever persecution we may suffer,we can emerge victorious.
                                              A prayer.
Dear Lord have mercy upon all your suffering Children,grant then an escape
from their suffer,and for those other who are suffering for you  ,grant them grace,so that they may glorify your name Amen.

No comments: