verse of the day

Saturday 5 March 2016

The Lord disciplines. [ Hebrews 12 v 5 - 11]

My wife woke me,she was unwell,so much so,I had to take her to hospital,
thankfully we are now home.Hopeful the diagnose was right,and the medication will do the trick. It was a bit strange,for it all happened on the
anniversary of my first wife's death.So I was reminded of the wife I lost and the wife I gained,and I thank God,for his goodness.On looking back I can trace the hand of God,the Lord taketh and Lord giveth,What other way can we look at things,as a Christian ,I trust one who loves me,and cares for me,
He would not harm a hair on my head,even though things do hurt me,people hurt me,and sometimes I even hurt myself. Don't get me wrong He is not an
indulgent father,oh no,he brings His children up,disciplining them,for
all  children need discipline.It is not nice to witness the behaviour of children,who are let do whatever,they want.I went to a school which used corporal punishment, I know things can go to far,but when it is carried out
in a fair balanced way,it does one no harm.So when our Loving heavenly
Father disciplines us,it is always fair,and for our good,what ever he
chooses ,as his instrument of punishment,it will always be for our good.Why do I say that?,because the Lord disciplines those He loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.[Hebrews 12 v 8]
                              
                                     Have thine own way Lord,
                                     have thine own way;
                                     Thou art the potter, I am the clay;
                                     mould me and make me after Thy will,
                                     while I am waiting,yielded and still.

                                      Have thine own way Lord,
                                      have thine own way.
                                      hold  o'er my being absolute sway;
                                      fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see,
                                      Christ only,always,living in me.
                                           [Words by  A. A. Pollard ]

No comments: