verse of the day

Tuesday 2 February 2016

They that mourn [Matthew 5 v 4 ]

Blessed are the that mourn for they shall be comforted[Matthew 5 v4]It is
Dr. M.L.Jones who comments,/That this is a spiritual mourning,and nothing to do with a natural life in this world/. So what does he mean by this?,well
 recently I attended two funerals,of two very godly women.As people spoke of their lives I must confess I felt overwhelmed,I rejoiced at what I heard but it caused me a great deal of sadness,as I considered my own life,and my limited accomplishments.May be you feel like that at times,your own heart accuses you,and of course the accuser who is the devil lends his voice, and you go into a season of mourning.But it is then the Spirit of God speaks to us,reminding us,that there is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ[Romans 8 v1] And that no one can bring a charge against Gods elect,it is God who justifies,who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus who died,more than that,who was raised to life,is at the right of God and is also interceding for us [8 v33-34]. The result is I am comforted,but let me also reassure you ,that in all our sorrows ,the God of all comfort will truly comfort his sorrowing children,for with every pang that rends the heart the man of sorrows has a part.
                                         A  prayer.
Dear God and Father we praise you that you do comfort your children,as to their spiritual standing,and in all their sorrows,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: