verse of the day

Monday 22 June 2015

Kept. [Psalm121]

Before we go out in the car I usually pray,for there is such dangers on the roads,from other drivers,but also from oneself,I am not the perfect driver.A
number of years ago my wife and I where driving home,when I decided to overtake a lorry,when I realised that I was in trouble,as a car was heading towards us,we just about made it,it was a very scary moment.Later I wrote
in a journal I was keeping at the time,how God keeps us safe more than we realise,that does not only apply to our driving but to all evil, the evil tendencies of our own hearts. In 1 Peter 5 v5,we read, /Kept by the power of God/another translation puts it,/protected by the power of God through faith/.We are not to act irresponsible,but the fact is we are often in situations that could cause us harm,physically,materially,and spiritually. So go prayerfully not fearfully but trusting in your Lord to keep you from dangers within and dangers without.
                                          A  prayer.
Dear Lord we praise for  You for your saving and keeping power ,and ask in faith that You will watch over us this day. Amen

No comments: