verse of the day

Friday 11 October 2013

Addiction.[ john 8 v 36]


Recently a lady was sent to prison because  she let her little child starve to death,she never reported the death and continued to collect the child benefit .This went on for two years,until it was discovered,this lady was addicted to drink, her addiction blinded her to the seriousness of what she was doing .Now in prison as she sobers up for the first time in many years she may start to consider what she did,she may not,she may still be blinded by her addiction. I started smoking when I was a young lad,a lot of people smoked in those days,thankfully many are stopping now.When I came back to the Lord ,I believe He helped me to quit the cigarettes,and I have never backslid into smoking.I also have not drunk alcohol for 49years,now I mention alcohol,it is not a sin to drink alcohol, but like so many things,be it food,sex,power,or whatever, they are all things that can become addictive. When Christ forgives us our sins,He can also set us free,this is all very possible,Millions have discovered, freedom, and forgiveness through Christ ,as the old hymn puts it,though millions have come there's still room for one,there,s room at the cross for you.
A  prayer ...../Dear God we thank You that in love You sent Jesus to forgive us our sins and to set us free Amen /

No comments: