verse of the day

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Drawing back.[John 21]

In Galatians 5 v7,we read,/Ye did run well,who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth./,these are very telling words. So many people start well,then they are gone, no longer do they meet with Gods people,no longer identify with their Lord.The Galatians where drawing back into their past religion,Judaism,drawing back to their old ways,there were people who seeking to unsettle them,bringing them under the law.Many things can cause us to give up and go back,wordly enticements like material success,wrong relationships,discouragements,feelings of injustice.Now you may have suffered whatever,and feel that Christians have let you down,and the sad thing is they do at times. So what can we say about these things?, well we must keep to the fore,this one solitary fact,Jesus said follow me. If we loose sight of this,if we fill our hearts with the shortcomings of life and people,we have started on the slippery slope of going back. The scriptures continually stress the importance of keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus,not people, the apostle Paul points these Galations back to the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ[6 v14]. There is a gospel song by Ira F.Stanphill ,which reads/I  traveled down a lonely road ,and no one seemed to care,the burden on my weary back,had bowed me to despair. I oft complained to Jesus how folk were treating me,and then I heard Him say so tenderly. My feet were also weary upon the Calvary road,the cross became so heavy I fell beneath the load. Be faithful weary pilgrim,the morning I can see, just lift your cross and follow close to me.
A  prayer......./Dear Lord Jesus help us to take our eyes of others,and even of self,and to keep our  eyes fixed firmly on You /Amen./

No comments: