verse of the day

Saturday 16 February 2013

A citizen of two kingdoms.[ Matthew 22 v21 ]

J Stott wrote,/Many of our spiritual troubles arise from our failure to remember that we are citizens of two kingdoms. We tend either to pursue Christ and withdraw from the world,or to become preoccupied with the world,and forget that we are also in Christ/ In ,/We go to church on Sunday,the vows that we make, we break them on Monday,the rest of the week we live as we please, but come Sunday morning we are down on my knees/. One of the things I have had to learn as regards my employment,I am not there to evangelise,but I am there to live as a Christian .Oh yes if I get the opportunity I will speak of Christ,one cant help but do that,but there is to be no Jekyll and Hyde spirit in my life,I am a Christian no matter where I am, I know a dear brother who works in a very challenging job,he is so occupied with his work that he rarely meets with other believers.Paul said he was a Roman citizen,[Acts 22v25 ], but he reminded the believers that we are also citizens of heaven[Philippians 3 v20 ]. As a citizen of whatever country, I am called to obey their laws,pay my taxes,keep the speed limit etc,but as a citizen of heaven,I must not compromise the rule of Christ in my life,I must be on my guard against the spirit of this world,a spirit that can so easily take over.to
A  prayer...../ Dear God help me to be good citizen of the country I live in,yet help me to not forget my heavenly citizenship, and what that means for me,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: