verse of the day

Saturday 26 January 2013

A request. [ Matthew 10v8 ]

As I write this I suddenly remember my childhood,by today's standards I suppose we would have been classed as poor,mum had separated from my father,and he did not in anyway support us. I remember going to the pawn shop,it was a common practise, I remember having shoes with holes in them,of having to walk to school,I never did receive pocket money. I remember us not having any coal for the fire,at times,but we did have a free medical system,so if your were unwell you could go to the doctor,also free dental treatment.Some children received free dinners at school,I think we did for a period,and all children had free milk every day .It saddens me when I read of countries were the poor received no help whatsoever,I am not bitter about not having a lot when I was young,I do appreciate how God in His mercy brought us through,and how He has blessed me now.I prayed a prayer last night ,Lord help me to be as generous as You,and I laughed at my request,because I could never be as generous as God,but I can be to a degree,to have an open heart , and an open hand.
A  prayer...../Dear God have mercy upon those people who are struggling to care for their families,help us to help were we can in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: