verse of the day

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Welcome .[ HEBREWS 4 V14-16]

There is an old Irish song which has the following words, /Your as welcome as the flowers in May in dear old Donegal/, but of course, that is if you are Irish. There are places I would not go to, because I know that I would not be welcome,and there are people I dont bother with because they would not want my friendship or presence. If I went to see a football match,I would not  stand with my teams opposing fans ,I would be risking life and limb.It is nice to be made feel welcome,to know that I am accepted and even loved,to sit with a cup of tea and have a chat,about the weather,sport ,family about life in general, and of course talk about the things of God.  One of the wonderful things about being a Christian is that one is always welcome by God,because of Jesus, and only because of Jesus. As a Christiam,although I serve God, I am not a servant I am a child of God [ Ephesians 4 v7 ] ,I am family[Ephesians 2v 19],God is my Father. As a Father He is always glad to hear from us,and for us to spend time with Him,there is always a big welcome sign on heavens door,.
                       Im accepted, Im forgiven, Iam fathered by the true and living God.
                       Im accepted, no condemnation,I am loved by the true and living God.
                        Theres no guilt or fear as I draw near,to the Saviour and Creator of the world.
                       There is joy and peace as I release my worship to You, O Lord.[words by R Heyard]
A prayer....../Dear Father we thank You that because of  Jesus  we are always welcome by You,we will never be turned away Amen /

No comments: