verse of the day

Sunday 20 May 2012

Truth and tolerance. [ 1 John 2 v 10 -11]

While on holiday I bought a book on John Calvin,I have known about Calvinism for most of my Christian life ,but I have never read his life. Now I can imagine when one mentions Calvinisim it stirs up feelings,it is the same with the doctrine of the last things, or baptisim.We see those who hold to a different belief on those subjects as our enemies, but I am a Christian long enough to know that this is not so.I went to an evangelical interdenominational Bible college,and I found a group of Christians, who without exception knew the Lord as their Saviour. Many of them went on to serve the Lord on the mission field,to be ministers,and all had the desire to tell others about Jesus,all held fast to the word of God.So today hold fast to those things that are important to you,but be tolerant towards those Christians who differ with you, remember they also belong to Christ, and we must love them, this is not optional.
A  prayer..../ Dear Lord help us to be tolerant towards our fellow Christians who differ with us in certain things, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: