verse of the day

Thursday 22 September 2011

The Sabbath. [ Romans 14 ]

I have read on the inter-net that one of Scotlands rugby team, Euan Murry is refusing to play on Sunday,it reminds me of a certain other Scots man who did a similar thing, his name was Eric Liddel. Eric also played Rugby and of course was a fine runner, winning a gold medal in the 400m. I wonder what you think about this? I personally respect them both, I am not a strict Sabbatarian, Euan like Eric is following his conscience,according as he understands the word of God. Let every man be fully persuaded in their own mind so declares Romans 14 v 5 .I try not to undermind anybodies Christians faith, I respect what this dear brother is doing, and pray that through his stand opportunities may arise to witness about Jesus, who is our perfect Sabbath rest.[ Matthew 11 v28 ]
Standing by a purpose true,
Heeding God,s command,
Honour them, the faithul few,
All hail to Daniels band.
Dare to be a Daniel,
Dare to stand alone.
Dare to have a purpose firm.
Dare to make it known.
A prayer / Dear God help Euan as he takes his stand, help us all to be people of Biblical
conviction, in Jesus name. Amen./

No comments: