verse of the day

Friday 19 August 2011

Stigma removed. [ ` Chronicles 4 v 9- 10 ]

Whats in a name? I have a friend and his wifes name is Happy, I read today of two people, one called, Gladness, the other called Merry, my name is William, although I get Bill usually.There was a man in the Bible called Nabal ,[1 Samuel 25 ], one wonders what his parents were thinking about, for his name means fool. It is a mystery to me why anyone would call their child fool, but here is the point, he actually acted the fool, and nearly brought disaster upon his household.Consider how many people, who are not called fool, yet act as fools,and bring disaster upon their households.There was another man in 1 Chronicles 4v 9-10, called Jabez, his name meant sorrowful,it related to his mothers having a very painful birth.So Jabez was lumbered with a name that reminded him and everybody else, of the pain he had caused his mother , what a stigma to live under. But Jabez was determined to rise above that stigma, and so he prayed a wonderful prayer,mybe you are living under a stigma, a family history,mybe your own actions have brought a stigma upon yourself, what can you do?. Well you can do what Jabez did,pray and yes you can pray his prayer,or pray a prayer of your own, God answered his prayer, be assured, God will answer your prayer. [Dear God inspite of my name, my history, my background I ask that You would bless me, and prosper my life and my endevours in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: