verse of the day

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Working with a purpose in mind. [ Psalm 18 v30 ]

Sometimes it appears life is getting out of control,things happen and we feel unsettled,I wonder how we would feel if we experienced what Job went through?.I read this morning of a Christian couple whose 12yr old child was raped and murdered by 5 Muslim men in Pakistan,and it appears that instead of those men being punished, the parents who are poor are forced to accept a cash payment in compensation. There is so much in life that appears to be out of control, what way are we suppose to look at ,so many things that challenge us , and our faith in a Sovereign God?.Well consider Job ,how did he react to the terrible things that happened to him,consider these words,/He [God ] knoweth the way I take , when He hath tried me ,I shall come forth as gold[23v10].Let us remember our sovereign God permitted His dear son Jesus,to suffer on a cross, I wonder how He felt, He could have prevented it, stopped it but He didnt, for He had a purpose in it all.Let us remember if we are suffering,and life appears out of control, and we view things that are painful,that God is sovereign, and is always working with a purpose in mind.[ Dear God help me when things appear to be out of control, to trust You, in Jesus name . Amen ]

No comments: