verse of the day

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Holiness. [ Leviticus 20 v7]

How much do we desire to be holy?, I found myslf asking this question, I have prayed for so many things, legitimate things, for souls, for overcoming temptation, for the sick, for financial needs, but have I prayed to be holy?, oh yes I acknowledge that God is holy, but do I desire to be holy?. True holiness is a radical thing, for it trully reflects God, and there is nothing more radical than that. True holiness affects all our lives, it goes further than rule keeping, Jesus said ,/ unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the pharisees.[Matthew 5v20]. I believe God wants honesty from us ,and as I thought on holiness, I found myself praying I dont know that I want to be holy, for I realize that it will mean letting go of wrong thought patterns, let us remember sin gives pleasure, so am I willing to forsake that which gives me pleasure?.Am I willing to make holiness not pleasure my goal?. [Holy God have mercy upon us , and help us to rise to the challenge of holiness, help us to say yes to holiness, in Jesus name .Amen ]

No comments: