verse of the day

Monday 18 August 2008

Why.[ Romans 8 v28 ]

Sometimes I think I need my eyes tested, and then I clean my glasses, and everything is different, I can see clearly. It is in I Corinthians 13 v12, we read, Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. The question that hunts mankind is , why?, we all have asked this question , as we have observed ,famines, earthquakes, wars, and so on, also our own personal tragedies. The why is never far from mankinds thoughts, a death of a loved one, an illness that wont heal, a loss , yes there are so many things, that can cause us to ask the question why?. The fact of the matter is, we may not during our lifetime recieve an answer , to our , why?, sometimes we do . Consider the life of Joseph in Genesis , chapters 37/ 39 -50,he could see the reason why, but often we dont. The Christian life is one of trust, as you read the scriptures in a balanced way , you see many dear children of God suffering , and there is no human explanation, there are answers , we could give or attempt to give, Paul the apostles answer was wait and see, he writes , then shall we know, the answers to our why.[ Loving heavenly Father, we do struggle to come to terms with so much in life, help us today to keep on trusting You, in Jesus name we ask this, Amen ]

No comments: