verse of the day

Friday 27 June 2008

A request [2 Timothy 4 v6-8 ]

In Proverbs 30 v8-9, we read, O God , I beg two favors from you, let me have them before I die. First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches, Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deney you and say , Who is the Lord?, And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult Gods holy name. Here is a man who wants three things, [ 1 ] Integrity. [2] Balance. [3] To honour God. The writer acknowledges his weakness and vulnerability, God wants honesty from us, the writer also acknowledges his dependance on God , this is the safest attitude to have . [Dear God and Father we lift our voices up to You, and ask that You will help us to be people of integrity, balance, and that we will not do anything , that will bring dishonour to your name ,for the sake of Jesus we ask this , Amen.]

No comments: