verse of the day

Monday 21 April 2008

Accident [Daniel 4 v24-26.]

One of the meanings for the word accident is chance, in other words it just happened, I do not believe in fate, a fixed state , something that we cannot do anything about, and while we do have what one can describe as accidents, as a Christian, I believe in a sovereign God, one who is in control of events, in this world and in my life. I cannot fully explain this, but I believe it to be true, for the Scripture teaches that God is ordering, and directing events, in this world, and this includes my life and yours, read the story of Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4, he thought he ruled, that he was sovereign, not so, many have yet to learn the truth that God rules, and is ordering events. [ Great Sovereign God we bow in your presence, and acknowledge you as our sovereign Lord, we rejoice that you are in control , even if it appears that things are getting out of control, Amen.]

No comments: